(no subject)
Sep. 17th, 2026 01:56 amPortal really is an expertly put together puzzle game, so good at introducing elements slowly, and then letting you figure out how to put them all together. So good at guiding the player without making it feel like it’s holding your hand. Very funny, too.
Unfortunately, I have the reaction time and hand-eye coordination of a brick, and so I frequently wound up in situations where I intellectually knew what to do, but I would spend 25-30 minutes repeatedly trying and failing to physically execute on an idea. Infuriating. (And to be clear, this is a Me Issue. This game is not particularly demanding on the reflexes, it was just being played by somebody who still struggles to button their shirt and tie their shoes.)
Unfortunately, I have the reaction time and hand-eye coordination of a brick, and so I frequently wound up in situations where I intellectually knew what to do, but I would spend 25-30 minutes repeatedly trying and failing to physically execute on an idea. Infuriating. (And to be clear, this is a Me Issue. This game is not particularly demanding on the reflexes, it was just being played by somebody who still struggles to button their shirt and tie their shoes.)
no subject
Date: 2026-09-18 09:00 am (UTC)